Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life in the God’s Own Country.

It has been a longtime since I posted anything on this space… Some technical issues…

A lot of water has flown down the bridge… but it hasn’t made any difference in my life… except that I got myself a new comp and a new mobile (my first)

After leaving Chennai I have had a great deal of disappointments and was not able to settle and get to the rhythm of life here in Kerala, but gone are the days of loneliness, desperation and the feeling of being miserable. I think the weather and the nature plays a vital role in one’s well being. It was like hot, humid, polluted and filthy all around in Chennai, the moment I came back to Kerala and my village I felt I was in paradise… No doubt that Kerala is the God’s Own Country. I don’t know how crossing the border at Walayar the whole scenery changes. I keep wondering how such a transformation happens in a matter of ten kilometers into Kerala. It is not that I am complaining about the lack of civic sense in other parts of India, but Kerala stands apart in cleanliness and sense of hygiene that prevails.

Actually the Environment Minister Mr. Jairam Ramesh rightly commented that if there was a ‘Nobel Prize for Filth,’ India would get it and I am in full agreement to this statement, the statement could have been modified a little… okay, I know he not the Minister of Kerala. Anyways, that was a true comment come out of a seasoned politician and I am in awe of this guy to actually defy the holy cows in India. I think the media and the govt. of India should come up with some real hard measures to instill a sense of cleanliness and hygiene in this country… I know it is a hard task to achieve, but I feel strongly that we as the proud citizens of this timeless country should take up some drastic steps to clean this country of the filth and dirt for posterity sake at least. Or else more of the Boyles around the world would keep on continuing to exploit the underbelly of this great land.

And a serious thought has to be given to how Kerala and its people are able to keep their surroundings clean; and try to understand why it is recognized as one of the best place to visit in one’s lifetime.

To comment on the state of politics it better said when we say nothing about it.

Anyway, this post of mine has brought me back to where I like be the most and doing the the job I like the most...writing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic once again :) Really good read my dear friend. Even I feel that the government needs to be harder... but to add, they need to be harder on population growth too.

Sastha Prakash. said...

You know, Jo like charity starts at home, cleanliness too starts with the individual and people should make the first step and the govt. can follow. It is more of a mindset rather than a governance issue...

Thanks you for you kind comments.